Four weeks ago I experienced one of my largest weight gains in a single week. In the following four weeks I have lost 8.0 pounds.
I have mentioned before there are so many other positive measurements besides the weight loss…
1. When I started I could barely walk 1 kilometer. Now I have completed three 10 kilometer walks and numerous 5 kilometer walks. 5K is becoming the minimum distance not some far reaching goal.
2. There is more room in my closet because I keep giving away clothes that are too big. I wore a shirt last week that I bought five years ago. It was too small then, but like so many of you may have experienced when I bought it…”Well I am going to lose weight so it will fit soon.” I just didn’t think it would take five years. And now I have to buy new jeans again!
3. I have more energy and everyday activities that used to wear me out are now a breeze. I couldn’t go shopping at the grocery store without sitting down at least once to rest. Not now, I breeze around the store and out like nothing.
4. Parking…I don’t drive around now looking for the closest place to park. Now I park as far away from other cars as possible and walk. Well part of that has to do with the new red convertible I recently bought. I don’t want it to get door dings….but still, I walk.
5. AND speaking of new convertibles…it is small. I have been driving large SUV’s for the last 13 years. I would have never been able to get in and out of this thing if I was 60 pounds heavier.
There are no miracle drugs or quick fixes to losing weight and getting healthier. It is adjusting all aspects of your life in moderation and sticking with the plan…It Works if You Work It!