So I finally can cross that off my list. It seems the last four weeks my body has just fought every effort to reach 10% weight loss goal…minus 41.4 lbs. Wow, what a struggle the last four weeks have been. I have lost 1.4 lbs in the last four weeks to get here. But it happened and that is what is important.
So how important is 10 % loss?
Here are some healthy benefits of losing 10 percent of your body weight:
1. Lower Cholesterol and Reduce your Blood Pressure. High cholesterol and elevated blood pressure are two major risk factors for heart disease.
2. Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes. By losing just 10 percent of your body weight, you'll improve your body's ability to use the insulin it makes, possibly preventing the onset of the disease.
3. More Energy. I know I have more energy and stamina.
4. A Mental Edge. Not too sure about this one…where was I?
5. Reality Check. After losing 10 percent, you gain a sense of what it takes to lose the rest and reach your final goal weight.
The last one seems to be the fuel for moving forward. It is important to take every challenge in small reasonable goals. “A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step”…”How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.” “One Day at a Time.”
I have proven to myself that what I am doing works. I just lost 10% of my total weight. Now if I just stay focused one day at a time, I can keep losing weight, be more active and get healthier.
Happily Married living in central Texas. Great family living near by... Jennifer, Jo-anna and James.